I acquired this mystery fibre from someone's destash. What I really wanted was the lovely alpaca that came with the mixed box.
A couple days ago I decided it needed to be spun and out of my stash. I'd tried using some for thrums, so some was already a little bit blended by hand. I had to untwist the thrums first. Given its uncarded state and the mystery mixture of some sort of greyish down with dark brown long sheared locks, I knew it would be uneven and rough.
There is about 90m of lace-fingering here. It starts finer. I've already started on a tam hat with an i-cord start and simple 'pi' shaping. Since that end is finer, I've started with 2.75mm DPNs. I plan to go up to 3.25 or 3.75mm. We'll see what the yarn says.